Monday, August 6, 2007

Too Clean

Last night as I was closing down the house and getting ready for bed, I got this sudden burst of energy and finished cleaning up the kitchen. Everything neat and tidy and all put away. No dishes in the sink, no dishes in the dish drainer, not even dishes in the dishwasher. Counters and sink freshly scrubbed, coffee pot shiny, range top and microwave glistening. The refrigerator cleaned out and the floor freshly mopped.
I went to bed feeling good. When I got up this morning and came to my kitchen to make my morning tea (decaf white blueberry - yum!), the sun was coming through the window and everything smelled and looked so nice. What a wonderful way to start the day!
This can't be a bad thing, right?
Problem is ... this evening, as I stood in my nice, shiny clean kitchen debating what would be good for dinner, everything I could think to fix involved getting pans dirty, using the utensils, making the glistening microwave and range top not so ... well, glistening.
What do you fix for dinner and keep the nice and shiny kitchen looking so pretty?
Yep ... you got it. Pay a visit to the local Subway.

No comments: